The start of commercial exploitation of soybean in India is nearly four decades old. In this period, the crop has shown unparallel growth in area and production. Soybean has established itself as a major rainy season crop in the rainfed system of central and peninsular India.
Soybean has become an important oilseed crop in India in a very short period, India is the fifth largest soy producing economy in the world. Due to the increase in population The per capita consumption of vegetable oil is increasing very rapidly so do the demand for soybean. The food derived from soybeans generally provides the health benefits and is a cheaper source of high-quality protein, which has made it one of the most valuable agronomic crops in the world.
Soybean products are widely used for human consumption. Common soybean products include soy sauce, soy milk, tofu, soy meal, soy flour, textured vegetable protein (TVP), tempeh, soy lecithin, and soybean oil. In addition to their use in cattle feed and livestock feed.
There are various methods for the processing of soybeans. The most effective soy processing method consists of a combination of heat treatment and crushing. This method removes the anti-nutritional factor and makes the oil more accessible.
The Prestige Group is one of the largest soybean processors in India with more than 04 decades of track record in the field of solvent extraction and oil refining nationally and internationally. The Group Companies were the first in India to be conferred the "American seal of Quality" by the American Soybean Association for its Soy based value-added products.
Soybean mostly consists of polyunsaturated fats, which are linked to lower cholesterol levels and a reduced risk of heart disease. It also contains heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
For more health benefits related to Soy Foods Please Click Here.
Steps in soybean processing
- Cleaning - at the start of the soybean processing, it is important to remove stones with a destoner, metal parts with a magnet and small grit & fines with a vibrating sieve.
- Crushing - a crusher will crush the bean in 4-8 particles, leaving the skin and crushed soybean. The hulls are removed from the crushed pieces through a wind sifter.
- Temperature - the crushed soybeans are brought up to temperature by adding steam in a conditioner. A toaster is used to keep the crushed soybeans at temperature for a longer period of time.
- Expansion - we use the expander for the expansion of the crushed and conditioned soybean into full-fat soy.
- Steam - the application of steam on the conditioner, toaster & expander is used to heat & keep the product warm in order to improve gelatinization.
- Cooling - after expansion the product will be cooled to bring the product back to an ambient temperature.
|a)||Moisture||Not more than 10%|
|b)||Sand Silica||Not more than 2%|
|c)||Green Seed||Not more than 7%|
|d)||Damage Seeds||Not more than 2%|